Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday 7 January 2018

15 Minutes to Stitch

I am sew glad that Kate from Life In Pieces has bought back 15 Minutes to Stitch. When she was running it before I made great progress on my cross stitch which went from this 

to this

By just doing 15 minutes a day on it. It kind of fell by the wayside again after that and sad to say it still isn't finished. I did attempt to start it again but I have misplaced the chart at some point along the way. Now that 15 Minutes to Stitch is back I might just be a bit more motivated to go looking for the chart again!

This week I have not been working on the cross stitch. Monday I bound a quilt that was patiently waiting to be finished, Tuesday I machine stitched a binding on another quilt that needed binding, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I was working on this little guy ( yes I am counting crochet as stitching time!)

Saturday I started the hand stitching on the binding then got distracted by another crocheted creature, but today I hadn't done anything when I saw the post for the link up. I looked at the clock and realised I had just enough time to get my 15 minutes in before it was 12pm so I quickly got my  around the bases blanket out and did 15 minutes on that so now it looks like this
It is getting close to finished now and with 15 minutes of stitching a day I reckon it could be finished sooner rather than later which is what would happen if I just worked on it every now and then like I have been. By doing that tonight it also means I have done 15 minutes of stitching every day this week! 
WINNING!!

I love the way Kate is recording her progress this year and I think I will follow suit because I think it might just keep me motivated to do a bit more this year!

Days with stitching this week:  7 out of 7
Days with stitching this month:  7 out of 7
Days with stitching this year:  7 out of 7
Success rate:  100% 

Might have been by the skin of my teeth but it's an awesome way to start the year! LOL

Thanks Kate for keeping me stitching!
Check out how everyone else is going over here

Now I need to figure out how to put the button back on my sidebar!


8 comments:

  1. Fantastic!!!! It feels good huh! Your little bunny is adorable and I also love the variety of projects you have going on. I'm like that too. Wishing you another great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crochet work is just beautiful! I love the color and variety of stitches. That's a craft I've been wanting to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachael wow you have done so much ,i love your cross stitch and i hope you find your chart.Oh my your rabbit is so cute and love your blanket,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bunny is absolutely precious. The cross stitch piece is so sweet. I just might the the 15 min. to stitch a try.
    It seem to be working for you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a wonderful crochet blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very fun projects! That little white tail is a perfect "end" to your little guy. Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fifteen minutes adds up to hours, days, weeks and months! Happy carving out fifteen minutes!Happy carving out fifteen minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachael we all get times like this ,just take a deep breath my friend and i hope things start slowing down for you xx

    สล็อต ออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

The Beginning of a new project

 So it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything but I thought I would pop in and show you my latest project. It’s a cute little dachshund b...