Today's crafting was on a surprise for someone, so I can't show you all of it but I will show you a little of it.
Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Monday, 25 February 2013
This wonderful Melly and Me pattern was very easy to make. I did add the seam allowance and cut the pieces out individually as I prefer to work on individual pieces rather than sewing them all then cutting them out. There is quite a bit of hand stitching involved and if I made it again I might consider doing it differently so I can do it all on the machine. I still need to make Hilda's dress so that will be tomorrows project.
Here is the link to Melly and Me Patterns
Sunday, 24 February 2013
Today's project was some easy placemats. I also had a go at quilting on these nothing fancy just some lines that followed some of the pattern on the fabric. If I wanted to do anything more complex I would have needed to cut more fabric, and wadding as the quilting brings in the finished size.
Saturday, 23 February 2013
Today's project was a kit I picked up while on holidays. It was a Royal Quilt kit called the "Red Star Dragon Doll" The plus with this kit was it was all pre cut, I just had to start sewing. On the down side the instructions weren't very clear, (Maybe the Chinese instructions were better but I can only read English) and the fabric frayed quite easily. I also added a bit of ric-rac to it. All in all it turned out quite cute!
Friday, 22 February 2013
|I finally got the binding on my son's Canteen quilt|
|It is reversible. It was made using the bandanas Canteen sell to raise money to help kids who are dealing with cancer in their lives be it themselves, a parent or a sibling. Canteen does a great job of helping these kids through tough times.|