Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 9 August 2017

A Couple of Finishes

I haven't had a chance to post a picture of this yet but I had so much fun playing with some scraps to make this cute little Mini I found over at SewCanShe. There are a heap of other amazing tutorials over there too I can see I might be spending a bit of time following along making things from over there!
I even had a bit of fun giving free motion quilting a go on something other than a plain square of fabric. I still need lots of practice with it but I was happy with how this turned out!

Today I started and finished a nice quick project that had been just waiting to be done. I was really lucky to have a good friend who showed me how to do it and I am really pleased with the results.
What do you think?
I can see myself making more of these in the future especially when I am making quilts to go with them😜
I have a couple of other projects on the go at the moment and I can see I will need to update my UFO page again😳 as I am still finding projects (or starting projects with my sewing friends and not getting around to finishing them!)

9 comments:

  1. That mini is very cute and your quilting looks wonderful. The pillowcase looks great too. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mini! You've done a great job on the quilting! Your pillowcase is so pretty... must make a few like that as well, the ones I have are so thin and pretty boring! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow great finishes,the mini is awesome,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute mini. I love the pillow case, it's very Victorian looking. Keeping the UFO list updated can be a challenge. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pillowcase is very pretty. I enjoy making pillowcases, they make lovely gifts. The table runner is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mat is cute and the FMQ is looks good. The pillow case is lovely and I might tray a few of those myself.
    I wanted to thank you for your visit and came by to do the same. I enjoyed looking around so much I'll be coming back.
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the pillow-case, I'm making more of these lately, I still love to buy fabric however do not need to add to my quilt fabric stash, so when I see something I like I buy enough to make a pillow-case or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Starting and finishing a project in a day is very satisfying and rewarding. It is soooo pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finishes! I love the little mini's design.

    ReplyDelete

The Beginning of a new project

 So it’s been a while since I’ve posted anything but I thought I would pop in and show you my latest project. It’s a cute little dachshund b...